Christopher Place is a luxury resort designed with romantic getaways in mind that is cozily nestled among the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the Cherokee National Forest, and the Pisgah National Forest. Enjoy your romantic getaway with a side of the great outdoors in one of these fantastic parks.
The Smoky Mountains
Romantic getaways are never quite long enough. You can make the most of your time away together by enjoying our unique location. Our luxury resort is secluded in quiet beauty on 200 wooded acres, overlooking nothing but the Smoky Mountains.
Christopher Place is located within the heart of the Smoky Mountains and all of the great things to see and do there, including 400 unique shops from artisan galleries and boutiques in Gatlinburg and Dolly Parton’s amusement parks in Pigeon Forge.
Ten of our favorite things to do in the Smoky Mountains
- Taking a picnic basket up the short trail to Hen Wallow Waterfalls for a creek-side lunch in the National Park. Here’s other great Smoky Mountain hiking trails to explore and waterfalls to see.
- Shopping in the Smoky Mountain Arts and Crafts Community, just outside Gatlinburg.
- Floating over the Smokies and sipping a glass of champagne while you take in the spectacular views from a hot air balloon.
- Rafting the rapids of the French Broad River, then returning to the inn for a nice long nap or soak in a jacuzzi tub. More about rafting in the Smoky Mountains.
- Finding great bargains on designer clothing at the Outlet Malls in nearby Pigeon Forge and Sevierville.
- Waking up early to watch the sunrise over the mountains from the Christopher Place balcony with a hot mug of coffee.
- Enjoying a Sunday matinee musical at the Theater Guild, one of Tennessee’s oldest theaters, then returning to the inn for a romantic candlelit dinner at our Gatlinburg fine dining restaurant with a decadent dessert.
- Hiking up to White Rock, the most scenic overlook in the Smoky Mountains. Or any of these amazing views in the Smoky Mountains.
- Horseback riding through Cosby and Del Rio and discovering why they call our mountains the Place of the Blue Smoke.
- Relaxing by the pool all day with songbirds as your only distraction.
We also have great recommendations on our blog for activities, events, and ways to enjoy the Smokies. Check out our blog here.
And be sure to sign up for the Smoky Mountain Romantic Getaway Guide, a free download which will help you plan your dream getaway in the Smokies.