Are you considering a destination wedding? East Tennessee and the Smoky Mountains are a great option for destination weddings. Did you know that East TN is within a day’s drive of over half of the United States? This makes it a great option for not only you, but also your guests (if you’re not eloping).
The Smoky Mountains in East Tennessee are a beautiful destination wedding location. It is also the wedding capital of the South. The views, the trails, and the outdoor adventures all come together to create an amazing wedding experience from start to finish.
But you don’t want to choose just any old place. You want the right place for your wedding, for you as a couple, and for your tastes. Here are some questions to help you choose a wedding venue in Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.
Questions to Ask Yourself When Planning a Destination Wedding
- Who would you want to have attend your wedding? Will it be an intimate ceremony with just the two of you? Will immediate family or close friends be attending the ceremony and reception, regardless of location?
- What kind of backdrop do you want for your photos?
- How many venues do you want to work with? A separate ceremony, reception, and lodging site? Or one venue which can fill all of these needs?
- Do you want a venue on or off the beaten path? Secluded or close by?
Take some time to think about these questions and even add a few of your own to the list. These questions will help you narrow down your search later.
Questions to Ask the Wedding Venue in Smoky Mountains
- Is there a wedding planner on-staff?
- Do you offer catering and lodging or is there something close by that does?
- What do your wedding packages include? Are they just for the venue or all-inclusive?
- Can I get catering food tastings prior to the wedding?
- What time do I have access to the venue?
- What amenities are there nearby or on property for guests and the wedding party?
- What items are included in the wedding venue rental? i.e. chairs, table, chairs, linens, etc.
- Is the wedding venue available for photos? Engagement photos, bridal photos, etc…
- What details should I know about at your venue?
- What are the written rules for the venue? (Such as rules on ages of guests, smoking on the grounds, etc.)
- What attractions and restaurant options are in the area for out-of-town guests to enjoy?
Christopher Place is a luxury bed and breakfast resort located on 200 beautiful, wooded acres which prides itself on overlooking nothing but the Smoky Mountains. Whether you are looking for something quaint with just close friends and family or a larger ceremony, we have your perfect Smoky Mountain wedding venue.
Christopher Place was built with romantic getaways in mind. You’ll love spending a few days at our bed and breakfast resort, preparing for and celebrating your wedding day with the one you love.
Our Smoky Mountains wedding packages are all-inclusive; each comes with a wedding planner, minister, photographer, wedding cake, and flowers. Most packages also include lodging for two nights, breakfast each morning, and a four-course dinner for two.
To find out more about having your own amazing wedding at Christopher Place, we invite you to download the Smoky Mountain Wedding Guide. And you can learn more about planning a great trip to the Smokies for yourself and your guests by downloading the Romantic Getaway Guide with great info on restaurants, activities, and nearby attractions to help your plan an amazing wedding experience.
The beautiful wedding photo shown is courtesy of Leah Bullard Photography.