Looking for a way to compliment the day?
Pick up a back-pack or old-fashion whicker picnic basket before you head out and lunch will be taken care of!
- Waiting for you prior to your departure, a backpack fully stocked with water, fresh fruit, and sandwiches. ($20)
- Let us prepare a picnic basket including a bottle of sparking cider, fresh fruit, pasta salad, and grilled chicken sandwiches. These old fashion picnic baskets have everything you need including your picnic blanket! ($35) Upgrade to a bottle of house wine or champagne. ($25 additional)
If you want to enjoy the Smoky Mountain scenery by car rather than foot, there are several beautiful drives in the area.
- Foothills Parkway - About 8 miles from the inn, this mountain shortcut has three parking pull-offs for panoramic photos of the Smokies. Stop at the second one and see if you can spot Christopher Place.
- Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail - The entrance to this one-way loop road is about 33 miles from the inn in Gatlinburg, and it is one of our favorites. You pass scenic overlooks, settler cabins, and small waterfalls.
- Cade’s Cove - It takes about an hour and a half to find this small valley, and if it is crowded it could easily take another 2 hours to drive the 11 mile loop, but it’s one of the most popular spots in the Smokies for picnicking and spotting wildlife.
- Rocky Top - Yes, this is the Rocky Top from the song. Although the road is mostly paved or graveled, a 4-wheel drive is best to visit this scenic overlook.
- Brush Creek - This loop takes you through a narrow canyon with rhododendron-covered sandstone bluffs.
Looking to Explore Another Adventure? Simply click on a picture below: