"Outdoor lovers can meditate on the beauty of mountain peaks and clear rushing streams, or they can indulge a passion for golf, fishing, kayaking, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, and skiing."
The Smoky Mountains
Make the most of your brief time together away. Our unique location is near all the area attractions of Gatlinburg, Tennessee, yet still secluded in the quiet beauty of the Smoky Mountains - so much more to offer than Gatlinburg hotels. There is much to explore in Gatlinburg, from the 400 unique shops to the artisans galleries and boutiques. Nearby Pigeon Forge is home to Dolly Parton's famous "Dollywood " and has been named the Shop-til-you-Drop Mecca of the South. Look below for just some of the many things you can do in our beautiful Smoky Mountains during your Tennessee getaway.
Christopher Place is nestled between the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the Cherokee National Forest, and the Pisgah National Forest, so we’re the perfect place to enjoy the great outdoors.
Our Ten Favorite Tennessee Adventures
- Taking a picnic basket up the short trail to Hen Wallow Waterfalls for a creek-side lunch in the National Park.
- Shopping in the Smoky Mountain Arts and Crafts Community, just outside nearby Gatlinburg.
- Floating over the Smokies and sipping a glass of champagne while you take in the spectacular views from a hot air balloon.
- Rafting the rapids of the French Broad River, then returning to the inn for a nice long nap.
- Finding great bargains on designer clothing at the Outlet Malls in nearby Pigeon Forge and Sevierville.
- Waking up early to watch the sunrise over the mountains from the Christopher Place balcony with a hot mug of coffee.
- Enjoying a Sunday matinee musical at the Theater Guild, one of Tennessee's oldest theaters, then returning to the inn for a romantic candlelit dinner with a decadent dessert.
- Hiking up to White Rock, the most scenic overlook in the Smoky Mountains.
- Horseback riding through Cosby and Del Rio and discovering why they call our mountains the Place of the Blue Smoke.
- Relaxing by the pool all day with songbirds as your only distraction, stopping just long enough to go to your room for a soothing hour of massage therapy.
Looking for details on your next great Smoky Mountain experience? Click on a picture below for our staff recommendations.