Day Trips Nearby our Smoky Mountains Resort
Christopher Place is quietly secluded on a 200-acre Smoky Mountain estate, but a short drive will take you into the nearby cities.
Home of the Aquarium of the Smokies, hundreds of shops, and many fun restaurants. Gatlinburg is 25 miles from the inn.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies – Gatlinburg 1-888-240-1358 Giant spider crabs, a million gallon shark tank, and a stingray petting tank are part of the fun.
Birthplace of Dolly Parton and home of Dollywood, the Dixie Stampede, and several music theatres. Pigeon Forge awaits you 35 miles from the inn.
- Dollywood – 865-428- 9488 – This theme park owned by the country singer and Smoky Mountain natives blends thrill rides, arts and crafts, and live music.
- Dixie Stampede Dinner Show – 865-453-4400 – Singing waiters, ostrich races, and rodeo acts while you dine.
Shop ‘till you drop at many fine outlet malls. Sevierville is just 30 miles from the inn
- Forbidden Caverns – 865-453-5972 – One hour walking tour of sparkling cave formations and natural grottoes.
A small craft village known as the back door to the Smokies, 6 miles from the inn.
A quiet riverside town 5 miles from the inn with a golf course and restaurants.
A quick hour from Christopher Place, Asheville offers fine dining, arts & craft communities, as well as the home of Biltmore Estate & Village.
- Biltmore Estate, Gardens, and Winery – Asheville, NC 1-800-624-1575 – It’s well worth the hour’s drive across the mountain to visit the largest private residence in the country.